Ours is a unique community, consisting of only a few hundred families, a high ranking K – 8 school district and a rural landscape that seems to ignore the fact that San Francisco is less than one hour away.
Within the community there are organizations whose activities help weave the fabric of this rural community. These organizations include:
- Nicasio Land Owners Association (NLOA)
- Nicasio Land Preserve (NLP)
- Nicasio Design Review Board (NDRB)
- Nicasio Disaster Council (NDC)
- Nicasio Volunteer Fire Department (NVFD) *
- Nicasio Volunteer Fire Department Ladies Auxiliary (NVFDLA)
- Nicasio Historical Society (NHS)
- Nicasio School *
- Nicasio School Foundation (NSF) *
* Starred organizations maintain their own websites.